Friday, November 4, 2016

My Mosaic Chest of Drawers - Part 3!

So, I finally finished decorating my miniature chest of drawers this month! Here is the third of five blog posts outlining the fun and creative journey that led me to the final product =).

My finished chest! 

------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit - grouting is my least-favourite part of mosaic making - but it is a necessary evil! Basically, you just mix up the grout mixture (according to the instructions on the packet - I mix my grout in disposable paper cups for ease of clean-up), then spread the mixture evenly over the mosaic - kind of like you're icing a cake! 

Icing my mosaic!

After the grout mixture is spread evenly, use a squeegee tool to ensure that the mixture has gotten into all the gaps between the mosaic pieces. Let the grout firm up slightly for about an hour (or less if you live in a hot climate), use a damp sponge or paper towels to remove the excess grout from the surface of the mosaic pieces. Then, leave the grout to completely set. 




After a day or two - when the grout is completely dry, polish the tiles with a damp cloth or paper towels - and you're done!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the next stage in this project, see the the next blog post in this series: My Mosaic Chest of Drawers - Part 4! =).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------



~Ad =)