Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Orchid Show Planning!

The local orchid show is on later this month. In past years, I have entered artwork, craft, needlework and photography into the show - and I have even won some certificates! I'm still not sure whether or not I will get anything together in time for this years' show, though. 

Anyway, the local paper and show publicists were looking for a "younger face" to try to entice younger people to come along to the show. Somehow (while I was asleep), it was decided that I would be that face - LOL!

Because I have been so unwell lately, the day of the photo was the first day I had worn actual clothes (that weren't pajamas) in ages! I went to a bit of effort to look nice. Sadly, I just seem to be one of those people who unintentionally (or intentionally) pulls peculiar faces whenever there is a camera around...


However, the photographer from the paper was really good at his job, and managed to get a decent picture of me =). 


My pic from the Border Mail. Picture: PETER MERKESTEYN.
After getting my photo taken, I went out for lunch with Kec and Ellenya. The apple pie dessert was amazing!!! It even hard shards of pecan toffee on top! 

My dessert!
All in all, it was a pretty awesome day! 

~Adrielle =)