Wednesday, March 19, 2014

All About AmazinAdrielle - H!

After brainstorming some things relating to my life, I have created this lovely alphabet about me - so you can get to know me a little better! You can also find more information about me on my website =). 


---------------------------------------------

H is for...

Hands - I have really bendy hands and fingers because I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. I used to do party tricks to impress and gross out my friends - but then my hands started to get sore and weak. It got to the stage where I couldn't pick up a cup with them because the fingers would just bend backwards and had no strength. After I got finger splints, my hands gradually improved. They stopped hurting and swelling, and I regained strength and control in my fingers! Most days now, I can use my hands to type, draw, brush my teeth etc. just like other people =D.


My hand without and with my finger splints.

Home - I am very glad to have a home! I live in a house with my parents, sister, birds, fish, turtles, and cat in Victoria, Australia. We have lived in this house for almost 20 years, and it is an awesome place!

Kec and I one Halloween!

Halloween - Although Halloween is not widely celebrated here in Australia, each year, Ellenya, Kec and I dress up, decorate, and eat Halloween-themed food!

 

 

Various pictures of my hair colours over the years!

Hair color - I like to dye my hair bright colours. In high school, I mostly tinted my brown hair with blue or purple dye - so that it was really obvious in the sun, but more subtle in the shade or indoors. When I was at university, I had a rainbow in my hair (like a stripe down one side with different colours in it - sometimes a rainbow, sometimes pinks and blues). There was no hiding the rainbow! I loved it, but it had to be redone every few weeks or it would start to fade and grow out, so I eventually dyed it back to match the rest of my hair. I had multi-coloured foils in the underneath layer of my hair for a while after that, but lately I have gone back to the blue and purple tinted look. For my next hair colour adventure, I am planning to do the ombre/fading from one color to another thing - but with my regular browny colour fading into a bright pink. I just need to find the energy - and a willing assistant =D.

Happiness - I like being happy - and mostly I am!

------------------------------------------


The next installment in this alphabet will be coming soon! 

~Ad =)