Tuesday, March 11, 2014

All About AmazinAdrielle - E!

After brainstorming some things relating to my life, I have created this lovely alphabet about me - so you can get to know me a little better! You can also find more information about me on my website =). 


---------------------------------------------


E is for...


Embroidery - I have been stitching since I was eight or nine years old. I was sick a lot as a kid, and used to get bored because I had no energy to play outside. I remember sitting in front of our heater in jarmies with my mum teaching me how to do my first cross-stitch and back-stitch =D. I started doing long-stitch a few years later, when my great grandmother gave me a kit. Now, I still do cross-stitch and long-stitch kits, but I have also branched out by learning different kinds of stitching and bead embroidery. I also like to experiment and make up my own patterns =D. I have won a couple of prizes for my stitching over the years, which is exciting! Some of my embroidery can be seen in my DeviantArt gallery.


Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) - the name of my genetic connective tissue disorder. People with EDS have a deficiency in the quality or quantity of collagen (a protein that acts like glue, giving strength and elasticity to muscles, ligaments, skin, organs, and other tissues) in their bodies.

Among other things, this means that I'm very bendy (what some people might call double-jointed) - my joints dislocate at the slightest touch, or with the slightest muscle twitch. Last year, I was averaging 4.5 dislocations per day, and my record for the most dislocations in a 24-hour period is 29. All of my joints are effected by EDS, and years of recurrent dislocations led me to be diagnosed with osteoarthritis at the age of 24. I take daily pain medication for chronic severe disabling pain caused by my loose and dislocating joints - and these mean that I can now do things like type, sit up, chew and hold cutlery again!

Aside from causing many musculoskeletal problems, EDS also affects most other tissues in my body. For example, I have problems with heart rate and blood pressure because of the stretchiness of my blood vessels, and have been diagnosed with POTS and SVT, my skin is very soft, velvety and stretchy, and I bruise more easily than other people do, and my dentist thinks it is a great novelty that my wisdom teeth could be pulled out with very little trouble - and within seconds!

More information about EDS can be found here!



Eggs - When I played Puzzle Pirates (as Adrielle), I used to enter the egg design contest each year, in the hope of having one of my designs chosen for inclusion in the game. I am very happy to say that this happened twice - once in 2010, and once in 2012! Various other egg designs of mine that were not chosen as winning eggs can be seen here!

In addition, I also speak English (and excelled in the subject at school), I am lazy with checking my email, I am a beta tester in Emerald Kingdom, I care about the environment, and I have a lovely sister - Ellenya! I also love Easter, and real-life Easter eggs - especially Creme Eggs!

------------------------------------------


The next installment in this alphabet will be coming soon! 

~Ad =)