Monday, March 10, 2014

All About AmazinAdrielle - D!

After brainstorming some things relating to my life, I have created this lovely alphabet about me - so you can get to know me a little better! You can also find more information about me on my website =). 


---------------------------------------------

D is for...

Depression - when I learned (as a teenager) that my illness and disability would be long term, I didn't take the news very well. It was difficult to adjust to life in a bed or a chair, and being hardly able to think - after having been an active and intelligent kid and teenager up until then. I had hopes and dreams to have a career, find love, have kids, travel, and many other things - and at 18 years of age, it suddenly seemed that it had all been taken away. I was diagnosed with depression a few months later. I still battle with depression from time to time now, but I am nowhere near as bad as I was in the first few years after I was diagnosed. My bad days with depression now are directly linked to bad days with the physical and neurological symptoms of my illness and disability.



Disability - My disabilities are caused by a combination of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, POTS, SVT, and osteoarthritis, and the difficulties that their symptoms cause. I grapple with a range of symptoms every day, including: severe fatigue, problems with blood pressure, balance, memory and cognition, sensory disturbances, narcolepsy, tremors, tachycardia, heart palpitations, exercise intolerance, post-exertional malaise, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, tinnitus, depression, chronic severe disabling pain, chronic joint instability, multiple joint dislocations each day, numbness, tingling, muscle spasms, restless legs, nerve pain, nausea, tummy troubles, loss of appetite, fragile skin, and easy bruising. My conditions are managed with medication, physiotherapy, rest, and splints, tapes and braces for my joints. I use crutches, my wheelchair, or mobility scooters to get around, although I am usually not well enough to leave my house. I also like to decorate my mobility aids and splints =D.



Digital art - I started making digital art around nine years ago. When I first started, most of the artwork I created was related to the Puzzle Pirates game. Since then, I have also created logos, pixel art, and art and animations in 2 and 3D. I also like to draw on my iPad (mainly using ArtRage or ProCreate).



DeviantArt - I have a profile on DeviantArt, and enjoy sharing my art, craft and writing on there =D.


In addition, I have many doctors, I love drawing and designing things, and I used to train and study dance and drama before I got too sick. I also dream in colour.



------------------------------------------


The next installment in this alphabet will be coming soon! 

~Ad =)