Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia Awareness Day Pictures!

I have had myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) for many years now, and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last year (although, I have probably had that for a long time too! I always just assumed that my pain was from ME/CFS!) Blogger was down when I originally tried to share my photos from awareness day - so here they are! Better late than never!


I was pretty sick on the 12th of May, and could barely get out of bed. I tried to help raise awareness by tweeting and retweeting, and by posting information and links on Facebook. On the 13th of May, I felt a little better (better enough to walk around my house and sit in my armchair, anyway!), and was able to take some pictures of my Fibroduck! I figured that it was still May 12 over the other side of the world, so my pictures still count! 
Fibroduck with some orchids!
With my newest walking stick!

Siting in the little handle that helps me to get up and down the step in our loungeroom.
Sailing in Ellenya's shippie wind chime!
With my Shelley!
On my armchair! (It is a recliner, and now has a massage pad fitted to it!)
Visiting the fishies!
On the carpet!
On my mousepad! (Yes, it is a sketchbook, but regular mousepads aren't as good!)
Getting warm in front of the heater!
Getting WiiFit!
On my keyboard!
~Ad =)