Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Day Out!

Today, my family went out for the day. I took some extra oxycodone and some anti-nausea medicine to keep me going, and I wore my cool stripy socks. 
We saw a weight-bearing "S".
Ellenya posed next to it!
We went to the lolly shop - but it was REALLY UN-wheelchair friendly, so I could only go into one room. I got some fudge and cigar lollies, though. My mum had to go and pay for them because I couldn't go up the stairs :P 
Then I got to sleep in the car while mum bought lunch.
We ate lunch (fish and chips) in the park =)
The park had a neat sign with very detailed directions:
It also had cannons on top of a big rock (yes - the one mentioned on the sign!). Optimistically, I decided that I was absolutely determined to get up to the cannon. After all - cannons = piratey! Yarr!
I used trees to lean on, and took breaks on the way. I sat on some rocks along the way as well.
Of course, my Fibroduck was by my side on my journey!
The best part of today was that I made it to the top of the rock, and to the cannon!!! After recovering for a bit, I took some photos, and posed for other people to take pictures of me!
I am so happy that I made it to the cannon, because it was so hard, and no-one thought that I would be able to do it! I am now recovering at home. I guess I will feel the bad after effects of my challenge over the next week or so - but it was worth it! I slept until dinner time, then got up and had some macaroni beef. Ellenya and I also sampled this lovely treat from the lolly shop:
They were awesome!  Now, I think it is my bed time! Nighty night!


~Adrielle =)