Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Knitting!

So, yesterday I made a little sparkly pink and purple octopus out of wool. It is to be an adornment for the scarf I am making for the Octoscarf contest on the Puzzle Pirates forums. I used a woven square for the head, stuffed with extra wool, and I made legs out of plaited wool. Lastly, I stitched on some eyes and a smiley mouth!




As well as the octopus for decoration, I also made some woolen octopus suction caps/flowers! 




The scarf itself is going well, too! I can't knit using normal knitting needles because my hands are too sore, so I am knitting my scarf using a circular knitting loom! It is about halfway done, I think. 






Unfortunately,  my hands don't like this method of knitting too much, either! My fingers swell and hurt, so I can only do a bit at a time. 


Today, I made another flower, and added a few rows to my scarf. I got too sore to knit any more very quickly, and I was forced to stop making a flower by a cattie visitor! Apparently laps are for cats, not for knitting!

 
~Adrielle =)