Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo

So, I was on Twitter, and this odd little hashtag was popping up everywhere - #NaNoWriMo. I had no idea what it meant, but lots of my friends seemed to be excited about it! lol. Anyway, I tried to get more information about it, but the official website was over-capacity and wouldn't load. It seems the basic idea is that you write a 50 000 word novel (about anything you like!) in 30 days (ending November 30). I think it sounds kinda fun! Although, the longest thing I have previously ever written was around 8000 words, and with my current health and levels of brain fog I fear I am being overly optimistic! There is no harm in trying, though, is there?


When I eventually got the website to load, I found that my town was listed as being involved in the event. Seems weird that I found out about it from my friends in the USA and UK - local publicist fails! So, after getting some more info, I am now about to embark on the biggest brainfog challenge I have attempted since getting sick! I just need to think of an awesome story... (I am also wondering if use of dictation software is allowed to compensate for my illness.... typing this post is killing my hands already!)


~Adrielle =)