Saturday, October 16, 2010

The picture I am currently working on =)

Well, this month's theme for the Puzzle Pirates' portrait background contest is "Winter". I decided to do a scene with some seasonal decorations, and festive firs! What began as the picture you see on the left (drawn on iPad!), has slowly evolved!


I have now decided to try to use seasonal trinkets from the game as decorations on my festive fir trees =).


My drawing later evolved into this:
For anyone who is interested, I used mainly Sumo paint (a great free online drawing program!) and Adobe Photoshop CS4 to draw and arrange this outline =). I do the separate elements (eg. tree, decorations, bits of shack) on separate layers, which makes editing them really easy later on =).


I usually colour and texture my drawings using Photoshop.









Anyways, now the picture looks like this:

I am still planning on adding some holly to the tree branch, and some decorations to the shack =) Hopefully it won't look too crowded when I'm finished and it's all coloured in and textured.


Doing all of this gave me a great opportunity to practice drawing things I haven't ever drawn before, and to use tools I haven't used that often =D. It's fun!






At the moment, I'm not too happy with the candy canes. Might redraw them!


~Adrielle =)