Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cleaning, Hanging, and Etching! =D

Well, last night I didn't get to sleep until the early hours of the morning. It was very annoying! I woke up at around 10am though, so at least I got some sleep eventually! I finished my etching of a cat on copper foil today (there is another picture of it here). It was a kit thingy from Lincraft - they give you the picture and a scraper tool, and you scrape out the picture! It was a lot harder than the packet made it sound... Especially since my hands are slightly evil and keep hurting and not doing what I want them to do. I am proud of myself for finishing it =D I did it a bit at a time.


Also today, I cleaned my room. It wasn't very messy, but it still took a lot of energy to clean it! I hung up all the pictures that had accumulated and were stacked on top of my shelves. Hope they don't fall down - they are currently being held up by drawing pins stuck into the plaster... lol! It usually works well, but these pictures are slightly heavier than any I have ever hung on my walls before.


After all that (not much really, but for me it was a lot!), I had to sleep for the whole afternoon. I am still dead tired now, and my hands are so sore it is very difficult to type! At least my splitting headache has gone =D It is so hard to get stuff done when you have ME/CFS. When you do have some energy, you just know that doing anything is going to have nasty after-affects. Mostly I pace myself, and try to find a balance between stretching myself, and not overdoing it. Today I think I kinda overdid it! Lol! But it feels good to have finally got some things done =D


Tomorrow night, there is going to be an orchid club meeting at my house (hence the cleaning). That is a good thing, because it means we get an awesome supper of cakes and slices and things! Hehe - I just hope it doesn't go too late. Anyways, hope this blog wasn't too disjointed. My mind is all over the place tonight coz I am so tired! I just felt like writing about what I did today =)


~Adrielle =)