Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Bad ME/CFS Week & My New Shiny iPad!

I got my new iPad this week!!! It is so awesome! It has a hot pink case and I can use Twitter on it instead of having to sit up with my PC when I am dead tired! I am still trying to figure out how to blog from it though - and heavy-duty screen protector to protect it from my clumsiness. I can lie in bed and play with it, answer my emails, and go on lol! It keeps saying that it has an error when I try...


Anyways, this week I have been having the worst ME/CFS week I have had in a very very long time. Two days ago, I honestly thought I was going to die or something. I couldn't walk down the hallway! My legs just kept bending by themselves and wouldn't cooperate. Eventually, I got back to my bed, and then I couldn't move. I wanted to lift my hand, but it just wouldn't! It was scary as!


I was all alone and panicking, so I think I ended up spamming my poor Twitter friends with my panickiness (later that night when I had recovered enough to tweet). I was scared that I was going to get worse and become bedridden and not be able to do anything any more. Luckily, my awesome Twitter friends (who also have ME/CFS) calmed me down and reassured me. They made me see that even if I did get worse for a while, it didn't mean I wouldn't get better again.


They also made me realise that the worsening of my symptoms was probably just because of my recent interrupted sleep. I have been getting a lot of hay fever and asthma and not being able to sleep at night because of it. The night before last, I took some antihistamine that was meant to make me drowsy, and it worked! I had a much better night sleep, and yesterday I wasn't nearly as zombie like!


Last night I woke up several times with asthma again (even though I took more of that antihistamine last night lol) and today I am suffering the consequences. I got to go out for lunch (which was the best lunch ever!!! We went to an Indian restaurant), but I had to sleep all afternoon once we got home.I found it very hard to get out of bed and come out to the lounge room this evening (although my legs let me walk today, so I am a million times better than that other day! lol).


I am going to the doctor tomorrow, so I will talk to her about it. I think I might need a stronger asthma preventer or something. I went to this other doctor that isn't my normal one, and he took me off my normal medication and put me on something else. I have since switched back to my original medication because the other thing he gave me just wasn't working - but I blame the change for stuffing up my usually well controlled asthma :P. That other doctor just didn't understand.


I am also planning to talk to my normal doctor about passiflora - a friend suggested it would help me to sleep. I am allergic to a lot of herbal remedies though, so I don't want to take anything without checking first, lol. I also want to talk to her about my ME/CFS in general, as well as my bad patch. I want to ask how I go about getting government assistance for getting a mobility scooter, so that on good days I can go places by myself (I cant walk around much at all, and I would like to go places without having to be pushed in a wheelchair by members of my family).


In other news, I am getting worried about not keeping up with my coursework for my animation course. The original goals that I set myself are falling by the wayside since I went on holidays (I just haven't had the focus to complete my assignment since we got back; annoying brain fog!). Hopefully once I am sleeping better, I will be okay, and back to at least the way I was (if not better).


Lastly, I drew some more pictures. I drew one for Kecapmanis to use as a forum avatar =). She has her brand new black and bronze karkinos that she won on Puzzle Pirates standing proudly beside her in the picture. She liked it, so I am happy! 


~Adrielle =)