Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Art, Axolotls, and Adrielleish Awesomeness!

Last night, I added three new "Cat Gal" pictures to my Deviant Art Gallery. I drew the outline using Sumo Paint, and then coloured it in using GIMP. I then added some filter effects using Photoshop (mine is CS4)- so it was a multi program affair! lol (Sumo Paint is a great free online program with some really nice tools! GIMP is free, and is a lot like Photoshop - but you need to download it. And just for any artists who would like to peruse, I will post a link to - my list of art tutorials, tips and programs! It is on Yppedia, the Puzzle Pirates Wikipedia, but most of the links are relevant to various kinds of computer art).


In other news, today, I got a new portrait for my Puzzle Pirate Adrielle on Viridian. It is a shame that my character and her fruit basket cover up so much of Dexla's lovely artwork, though =(. I am planning my entry into this month's portrait background contest on Puzzle Pirates. I can't really draw stuff in the right style, I don't think - but I always try! One time I did get lucky, with my Lucky Swirls background ending up in-game =D =D =D! I was so excited and shocked! hehe


Anyway, I had hoped to go to Albury today to the discount shop to get a photo frame (for this giant turtley poster that I got from the Aquarium when we went on our holiday), but Kecapmanis said no and I have no way of getting there other than via her. =( Disappointing. I can't wait til I get a mobility scooter so I can go places (I am about a month away in my saving!) They apparently fold to fit in "most" car boots, so I am hoping it will fit in a taxi.


I am not a brilliant saver. I was going well until I bought my iPad... (which my latest email from Apple informs me is on the way!) And there are so many nice accessories for it! I just NEED a purple carry case and a pink skin and some screen protectors for it... lol! (Screen protectors are really necessary, I think. If I didn't use them on my iPod, it would be so scratched by now! This way I can just peel off the scratched layer and put another clean one on - brilliant invention! lol)


Anyway, my cute Almondy axolotl was in his rock cave this afternoon! I've never seen him go in there before! Usually he goes in the tree statue - which is a tight fit for him, but he seems to like to curl up in there. I bought the rock cave because I thought it would give him a hiding spot with more room (and because both axolotls liked to go inside the same statue at the same time, and they didn't really fit together in the tree - someone always ended up getting unceremoniously evicted) - but usually Almondy squeezes into the tree and his smaller tank mate, Artemis, goes into the rock cave.


Axolotls are so cute! Last night my sweetie Artemis swam up to me at feeding time because she was hungry. It is really cute when they act like crocodiles and surface to snap for their dinner! Later, at about 10pm when it was all dark, I went to get the thawed out ice brick out of their tank and Artemis was swimming around grinning! They are such lovely things!


Lastly, Ellenya is sick. Kecapmanis thinks it is food poisoning :S. Hope she gets better soon (and hope I don't get it :S).


~Adrielle =)